Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 28: Honey Face Wash

On the third-to-last day of the month, I realize something I should've been doing all along. Testing honey as a face wash. Always on the lookout - to date unsuccessfully - for a way to cleanse my face that's truly natural but also effective.

This organic, raw honey made in Minnesota* is certainly natural. Effectiveness TBD, but the purported antibacterial properties (among other things) of raw honey indicate its potential as a facial cleanser. We'll see, but on day one I'd say the results are no better or worse than anything else I've tried.

I cleansed my face with the Norwex cloth I always use, then rubbed about a teaspoon of honey in my palms to liquify it and then applied it to my face. I rinsed thoroughly and followed with the Clarisonic.


I'll continue the honey face wash experiment and post results next month on jenniferia.com

*I had to buy a jar of honey locally, as I gave a jar of the Italian acacia honey to my grandma Dottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment