Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 23: Honey-Lemon Cheesecake Squares

I was fortunate to have my mom here to make these with me; a nice ending to a fun family day. It's an epicurious recipe I altered slightly. After I made them I noticed several reviewers suggest doubling the filling amount and having tasted them I agree. The recipe below is not doubled.

Yield: 16 (1 1/2-inch) squares

Ingredients

6 graham crackers
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup acacia honey

    Directions

    Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

    Crumble graham crackers into a food processor, then finely grind with sugar and a pinch of salt. Add butter with motor running, then press mixture evenly over bottom of an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan.

    Bake for 10 minutes, then cool 5 minutes.

    Meanwhile, blend cream cheese, egg, milk, zest, and lemon juice in cleaned food processor. Add honey and blend filling well.

    Pour filling over crust and bake in middle of oven until slightly puffed and set, about 30 minutes.

    Cool cheesecake in pan, then chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.

    Cut into squares.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment