Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 21: Honey Chicken Wings

I really wanted to make a Moroccan Tagine for 30 Days of Honey. Well, it's more of a Moroccan stew in a dutch oven, since I don't actually own a tagine. The last one I made was so delicious and, because I make too much of almost everything, it was just as good frozen and reheated. Unfortunately, it's impossible to buy a butternut squash in April. Maybe I'll do a 30 Days of Honey follow-up in the Fall.

In the meantime - and equally as good - is this recipe from my high school classmate and friend, Bonnie.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

2 to 3 lbs chicken wings
Salt, pepper and poultry seasoning
4 tbsp brown sugar
minced garlic to taste (I used about 3 cloves)
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup

Directions

Preheat oven to 400.

Season wings with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.

Mix sauce well and pour over wings.

Bake for one hour, turning after 30 minutes (baste with the pan sauce).

Bonnie says these freeze nicely for later reheating.



They're so tasty, yet so simple that I feel inspired to host some sort of sports-watching party or something. Lacking the resources for an instant party, I may or may not have sat in front of the television with the entire bowl of wings in my lap. It's ok, though, because I didn't eat them all. Really, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment