Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 25: Kale Chips with Honey

This is adapted from recipes I found here (because it only requires 12 minutes in the oven) and here (because it has honey). I do need to reacquaint myself with my food dehydrator - plans for drying fresh, local produce this summer - but why wait hours for kale chips when I can have them in minutes? (One reason might be how easy it is to burn these...as I did...)

Ingredients

1 bunch kale, washed and thick stems removed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp honey

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut kale into small pieces and toss with olive oil, salt and lemon juice.

Add honey and toss a bit more.

Spread onto lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes. Watch them very closely, as they burn quickly (as mine did - but they were still good).

No comments:

Post a Comment