Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 13: Apple Cider Vinaigrette

This is a recipe that has to sit overnight. So while I'm making it today, I won't actually eat it until tomorrow. And from the quantity I made - wanting it to fill up the quart-size Mason jar - I will be dressing my salads with this for an eternity. Or until I probably throw it out in a few weeks.

It's a nice balance of sweet and tangy, ideal on a simple salad without additional sweet ingredients.

Yield: 1 quart

Ingredients

3 cups apple cider
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup honey
1 cinnamon stick
1 1/2 tsp sea salt

    Directions

    Combine all ingredients in a jar (a quart Mason jar works well).

    Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove cinnamon stick.

    Can be stored in refrigerator for several weeks.


    Adapted from Epicurious.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment