Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 10: Protein Smoothie

Having just returned from out of town and unprepared for today's honey recipe due, in part, to baking five (or six?) different versions of yesterday's recipe, I needed something quick and easy.

I've mentioned my attempts to limit dairy in my diet and, while there's no viable replacement for cheese, hemp milk has proven to be a satisfactory milk substitute in many cases. I particularly like the unsweetened vanilla and use that in this recipe. Other non-dairy milk could be used, as could regular milk, juice or water.

Hemp has exceptional nutritional value (and no, it can't get you high) and I've incorporated it in my diet via the milk as well as protein powder. Honestly, the protein powder tastes quite bad. Similar to eating dirt. The honey helps. So although I've used it in this recipe, others may choose a more palatable protein powder. Or none at all.
Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients

1 cup unsweetened vanilla hemp milk (I like Tempt brand)
1 tbsp hemp protein powder
1 cup frozen blueberries (or any fresh or frozen fruit)
1 tsp acacia honey

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment